Cruise Ship Terminal Directions And Parking
- From North – take I-95 South, drive eastbound I-395 . Continue driving on I-395 East . The entrance of Port Miami Tunnel is on the left. Follow the signs to your Cruise Terminal.
- From North – take I-95 South. Exit 3B-Bayside. Drive south to Northeast 5th Street, turn left. 5th Str leads onto PortMiami Bridge. Continue over the bridge and follow the signs to your terminal.
- From South – take SR-826 North to SR-836 East. Drive eastbound on SR-836 to I-395 East . Continue driving on I-395 East . The entrance of Port Miami Tunnel is on the left. Follow the signs to your Cruise Terminal. You can also take I-95 North and drive eastbound I-395 .
- From South – take I-95 North. Exit at Northwest 2nd Street. Drive straight to NW 5th Street, make a right. 5th Str leads onto PortMiami Bridge. Continue over the bridge and follow the signs to your terminal.
- From Miami Beach – take I-395 , drive westbound, exit on Biscayne Blvd ramp and make U-turn on North Bayshore Drive to enter MacArthur Causeway eastbound. Then continue on I-395 East .
- Parking rates – USD 20.00 per day. All parking lots are outdoor and located in front their corresponding terminals. Special arrangements are offered for cruise passengers with disabilities.
Miami port, besides its 9 cruise terminals also has facilities to handle cargo ships and dry dock facilities for marine vessel refurbishments and repairs.
Ships Sailing In May 2022
- Freedom of the Seas from Miami, Florida
- Anthem of the Seas from Cape Liberty, New Jersey until she moves to Southampton
- Odyssey of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Allure of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Symphony of the Seas from Miami, Florida
- Independence of the Seas from Port Canaveral, Florida
- Harmony of the Seas from Port Canaveral, Florida
- Liberty of the Seas from Galveston, Texas
- Adventure of the Seas from Cape Liberty, New Jersey
- Explorer of the Seas from Miami, Florida
- Navigator of the Seas from Los Angeles, California
- Spectrum of the Seas from Singapore
- Grandeur of the Seas from Galveston, Texas
- Enchantment of the Seas from Baltimore, Maryland
- Radiance of the Seas from Vancouver, Canada or Seward, Alaska
- Serenade of the Seas from Vancouver, Canada
- Voyager of the Seas from Copenhagen, Denmark
- Quantum of the Seas from Seattle, Washington beginning May 4, 2022
- Ovation of the Seas from Seattle, Washington beginning May 5, 2022
- Oasis of the Seas from Cape Liberty, New Jersey, beginning May 8, 2022
- Brilliance of the Seas from Rome, Italy beginning May 9, 2022
- Wonder of the Seas from Barcelona and Rome beginning May 12, 2022
- Vision of the Seas from Barcelona, Spain beginning May 13, 2022
- Rhapsody of the Seas from Rome, Italy beginning May 23, 2022
- Jewel of the Seas from Amsterdam, Netherlands beginning May 27, 2022
Most importantly, the last Royal Caribbean cruise ship to restart sailings since the pandemic will happen when Rhapsody of the Seas returns.
Cruises From Miami Florida
Miami, Cruise Capital of the WorldMiami Cruise Ship TerminalsCruises From MiamiThings To Do Near Miami Cruise PortSouth Beach Coral GablesCoconut GroveFairchild Tropical GardenLittle HavanaBayside MarketplaceBill Baggs Cape Florida State ParkTraveling To Miami’s PortCruise Port MapCruise Port LocationPortMiamiPort Authority
Also Check: Riverboat Cruises From New Orleans
Miami Cruises Travel Tips
- You have to try the Cuban food here at least once. There are countless great places to try Cuban food here, such as Little Havana, the most popular. Cuban coffee is also excellent.
- If you’re driving, don’t go on the road between 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., or you’ll be stuck in heavy rush hour traffic. You’ll deeply regret it!
- Though Miami has gorgeous beaches, be sure to explore the city itself too. There are tons of beautiful places here that aren’t all right along the coast!
- When visiting Miami, don’t assume that everyone speaks English. There are many different languages spoken here, which only adds to the city’s unique culture.
- If you can, try to get out and explore some of Miami at night. This is when the city is indeed said to come alive. Everyone here loves to go clubbing every once in a while, and it’s a great way to meet some of the locals!
Health Protocols For May 2022 Cruises
Depending on where you sail from, the health protocols related to Covid-19 can vary somewhat. The good news is the core protocols across the fleet are the same, with a few variations here and there.
All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing.
Boosters are not required, except for some European sailings require anyone that hasn’t had their last shot more than 270 days ago to get a booster.
Royal Caribbean does not require kids younger than 12 to be vaccinated.
A new change this month centers around masking. Masks are optional for vaccinated guests & recommended for unvaccinated children while onboard. Masks are no longer required at Adventure Ocean for kids 2 years and up, they are recommended for unvaccinated kids.
Masks are also now optional while in the cruise terminal before or after your cruise, unless mandated by local authorities.
Guests under 2 years old do not need to wear a mask.
Covid testing requirements are nearly all the same, with the exception of some European countries.
Vaccinated guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.
Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR test taken no more than 3 days before boarding day. This test cannot be taken on boarding day for unvaccinated kids.
Also Check: Are Viking Cruises All Inclusive
Cruise Lines Cancel Voyages As Hurricane Ian Hits Florida
Cruise operators canceled trips and rerouted ships as Hurricane Ian made landfall in Florida, where those in the storm’s path readied on Wednesday for storm surges and potentially deadly winds.
Carnival Cruise Line canceled a planned Thursday cruise on its Carnival Paradise ship leaving from Tampa, where the port is currently closed to maritime traffic, along with a sailing the same day from Jacksonville. Passengers will receive a full refund and a 25% credit for future cruises, Miami-based Carnival said in a post on its website.
Hurricane Ian’s “extremely dangerous” eyewall was moving onshore in southwest Florida late Wednesday morning, just hours after it grew into a Category 4 storm. It was packing sustained winds of 155 mph making it just shy of a Category 5 hurricane, which is the most powerful storm possible.
Carnival Elation, which departed the now-shuttered Jacksonville port on Saturday, is changing its itinerary around the Bahamas to avoid Hurricane Ian and will stay at sea until Jacksonville’s JaxPort reopens. Carnival Paradise, which left the Port of Tampa Bay on Saturday and was in Cozumel on Wednesday, said it will extend its current trip until the storm has passed and the port in Tampa reopens, possibly on Saturday.
Royal Caribbean postponed Thursday’s Mariner of the Seas departure from Port Canaveral until Friday, but that plan is subject to change.
Cheap Cruises From Miami Florida
Our cheap cruises from Miami FL have year-round availability to bask in the Bahamas or the Caribbean, and seasonal availability to experience Costa Rica or the Panama Canal. And if you’re looking to cross the Atlantic Ocean and journey out to places like Barcelona or Italy, we have cheap cruises from Miami FL that may be right up your alley.
Whether you’re on the search for a cruise to the Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Panama Canal or to another exotic destination, we have cheap cruises from Miami FL ready for you to book anytime. Our access to inexpensive pricing gives you the opportunity to kick back and relax, enjoy the extraordinary views, and live in paradise, without breaking the bank.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Most Luxurious Cruise Ship In The World
Miami Cruise Terminals B C D E F G H J
- port address – “1741,1751 Africa Way, Dodge Island, Miami Florida 33132”
- location – 8 mi / 13 km from Miami International Airport, 25 mi / 40 km from Fort Lauderdale International Airport
- Port entrance is via Biscayne Blvd .
- Terminal address – “zzz Cruise Boulevard, Port of Miami, Miami, FL 33132”
- In the above address replace “zzz” with the corresponding address listed below:
- “Terminal A” – here dock Royal Caribbean ships only. Berth length is 1300 ft .
- Terminal B – here dock NCLH-Norwegian ships only
- Terminal D – here dock Carnival ships only.
- Terminal E – here dock Carnival ships only.
- Terminal G – here dock Royal Caribbean ships only
- Terminal H – for Resorts World Bimini .
- Terminal J Terminal J is primarily for docking luxury cruise ships from the fleets of Azamara, Crystal, Oceania, Regent. This terminal underwent an USD 3 million refurbishment which upgraded the furniture, more lounge seating was added, along with new check-in counters.
Terminals D and E are the newest and can berth the world’s largest cruise ships with capacity up to 5000 passengers. Their buildings are 3-story facilities , airline counters, conveyor baggage system.
May Weather On A Cruise
It’s going to get warmer in May in the Caribbean, so expect high temperatures to reach the high 80s and low temperatures not getting below the 70s.
In terms of rainfall, the wet season will resume in some areas. You will see lots of passing showers in places like San Juan, Puerto Rico or Antigua.
Over in Europe, the sun will be shining in the Mediterranean without the larger crowds that will come later this summer. May is the best time for a Greek Isles cruise because there is very little rain combined with temperatures in the high 60s and 70s.
The one downside of May in the Mediterranean is sea temperatures tend to be still chilly. If you want warm ocean temperatures in May, the Caribbean is the place for you.
If you’re cruising to Alaska in May, expect less rain than normal. May is one of the driest months of the season, with just a 25% chance of rain.
The average high in southeast Alaska is 54 degrees and the average low is 39 degrees.
Read Also: What Cruise Lines Offer Dialysis
Is There A Shuttle From Miami Airport To Cruise Port
Yes! With Miami airport only being a short 10-15 minute drive away from the cruise port, youll find that there will almost always be a shuttle service available. Cruise lines such as Carnival Cruises and Royal Caribbean have a shuttle service from the airport directly to the cruise port. Alternatively, you could also seek out and find an independent shuttle which will typically come at a lower price. If youre unable to find a shuttle, there will always be the option of taking a taxi or using a rideshare app to bring you to the cruise port, however, this is generally considered to be the most expensive choice.
Where Do Cruise Ships Leave From In Miami
Large cruise ships will almost always be departing from the Miami Cruise Terminal. The address of the Port of Miami is 1015 North America Way, Miami, FL 33132. This port is considered one of the largest in the world boasting an impressive eight terminals capable of housing large cruise ships from any popular cruise line.
You May Like: What Are The Best Cruises
Cruise Itineraries To And From Miami Florida
Follows a list of destinations visited by ships leaving out of Miami:
- World Cruises – around the world voyages from Miami are offered in January, as well as shorter itinerary segments part of the main round-trip itinerary.
- South America itineraries from Miami are operated by luxury lines or by budget lines ships on relocation routes to Brazil or Argentina . Round-trip itineraries usually visit ports in the Southern Caribbean, Brazil , then go back to Florida.
- 8-day Southern Caribbean itineraries visit Grand Turk Island, Dominican Republic, Aruba , Curacao .
- Panama Canal transits between Miami and California ports are offered with one-way itineraries . They include transition through Panama Canal and usually visit ports in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala and Mexico .
Seasonal ship relocations include Panama Canal transits from Florida to Alaska in late Spring. The itineraries end either in California ports or in the turnaround ports for Alaskan roundtrip from Vancouver BC or Seattle WA. The reverse routes are in early Fall.
Transatlantic crossings from Florida to Europe are offered in Spring. Relocation routes from Miami usually include the Canary Islands and Mediterranean ports, and often Bermuda . The longest relocation itineraries end in Baltic Sea turnaround ports .
Transatlantic crossings from Europe to Florida usually depart from the UK or Mediterranean and often stop in Bermuda .
Top Destinations On Cruises From Miami
Tropical bliss awaits in the Bahamas, where youll spend a day lounging on powdery white sand and dipping in warm turquoise waters. Sample some of the best rum in the world, feast on the freshest of seafood, or go snorkeling in the Caribbean Sea, where youll see colorful schools of fish and sea turtles.
In Nassau, relax under a palm tree at Cable Beach, or spend a fun-filled family day at the Atlantis Resort, where youll find water slides, lazy rivers, and a stunning aquarium filled with exotic underwater species.
Also Check: Hawaiian Cruises From San Diego
Virgin Voyages Terminal V
On November 28, 2018, Richard Branson and Tom McAlpin officially announced in Miami City company’s plans to build a new cruise terminal in PortMiami.
“Virgin Voyages Terminal” is a 3-story building located on PortMiami’s northwestern side . Approval for the project was given on Sept 20, 2019, with subsequent berthing agreement deal.
Construction works started in October 2019, with scheduled completion in November 2021. The USD 150 million facility was officially renamed from “Terminal H” to “Terminal V”. Virgin Voyages has brand’s name on a for-profit train connecting Miami with West Palm Beach . Virgin’s cruise operations from PortMiami were planned to start in April 2020 with Scarlet Lady.
In late-October 2019 was approved the agreement for Brightline Miami to be rebranded “Virgin Trains” and Virgin Group to build a train station at the cruise port. The new station serves high-speed trains and connects PortMiami directly with the USA’s intercity railway system and Orlando International Airport. Construction works on Virgin Trains PortMiami are scheduled for completion in 2022.
PortMiami’s “Terminal V” was officially opened/inaugurated on February 13, 2022. The ceremony was attended by Richard Branson, Tom McAlpin and Daniella Levine Cava .
Find And Plan Your Next Cruise Out Of Miami In May 2023 On Cruises From Florida
You can sail out of Miami year-round, the best time for a Caribbean cruise depends on whether youre looking for the best weather or the best deals. The cheapest times to cruise from Miami are typically in the late summer and fall because of hurricane season wich peaks in October. To avoid the busy season, the best time to go on a Caribbean cruise out of Miami is from November to early weeks of December. The busy season is through late December, early January and March through mid-April.
Also Check: How Long Is Cruise From Seattle To Alaska
Cruise Destinations From Miami
You will often find travellers coming from across the globe to go on an exceptional Bahamas cruise from Miami, allowing voyagers to relax at idyllic paradises and sun-soaked sandy beaches. Miami also serves as the perfect gateway to the tropical worlds of the Caribbean and South America. Youll often find hundreds of fantastic Caribbean cruises from Miami going to amazing destinations such as Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Key West. South America cruises from the Florida city sail to phenomenal locales in the region including San Juan, Ushuaia, and Rio de Janeiro. Cruise travellers also love boarding Panama Canal cruises from Miami, with an extensive selection of itineraries provided by popular cruise lines all-year.
In search of similar itineraries from alternative departure ports? Check out our cruises from Port Canaveral, cruises from Tampa, and cruises from Fort Lauderdale. Whether youre looking for a Caribbean Islands cruise from Miami or must-see cruise packages from Miami, Cruise Guru is the place to be!
Take Out A Cruise Payment Plan For Your Next Voyage
Worried that youre unable to pay off your next dream cruise from Miami with one large lump-sum? Check out our Cruise Payment Plan! By splitting the fee into four manageable payments, organising your next voyage has never been easier. Book your next holiday stress-free by using our nifty Cruise Payment Plan today.
Also Check: Where Do Cruises To Antarctica Leave From
Top Things To Do In Miami
Explore Everglades National Park
Miami is located close to Everglades National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The best way to fully comprehend the rich nature and wildlife of the Everglades is to take an airboat tour with a knowledgeable guide who will tell you about the history of the Everglades and point out its most popular feature: the many alligators that call it home. When the guide starts telling you about some of the stories surrounding these prehistoric looking creatures, we wont blame you if you scoot a little bit farther from the edge of the boat.
Walk Around Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
Due to its wet, humid climate, gardens in Miami are able to prosper into lush, beautiful landscapes. One of the highlights of the Miami garden scene is the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, where youll find an Italian-style mansion surrounded by manicured gardens adorned with lovely sculptures and a view of sparkling Biscayne Bay.
See Animals at Zoo Miami
A popular attraction in Miami for families is Zoo Miami, where you can see over 3,000 animal species. Kids have a chance to feed giraffes, rhinos, and camels, as well as play in the splash pads. Rent a Safari Cycle to navigate the expansive grounds of the zoo.
Pretend Youre Under the Sea at Miami Seaquarium
What should I eat in Miami?
Arepas: This popular South American food item is also popular in Miami. It infuses cheese into a flattened, folded pastry, which is then cooked until the dough turns golden.