Celebrity Cruise Ship Room Service
Celebrity Cruises requires a fee of USD 4,95 for ordering items from the cruise ship’s room service menu.
- Room Service is operated on each Celebrity cruise vessel and between 11 pm – 6 am.
- Prior to September 2015, the basic room service items delivery to passengers’ cabins was complimentary. The exception was for some premium items .
Review Of Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity Cruises is the second-largest brand in the RCCL group of companies. Established in 1990, the “Celebrity” cruise brand joined RCCL in 1997. Celebrity represents one of the best “luxury ship travel” companies for adults, as well as a signature operator of regularly scheduled Panama Canal transition itineraries and one of the top 3 Alaskan cruise lines. In May 2020, the company celebrated its 30th Anniversary.
Next Celebrity Cruises Ship Will Be Its Biggest Ever
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Celebrity Cruises is going bigger with its next vessel.
The Miami-based line on April 28 revealed that its soon-to-debut Celebrity Beyond would be a stretched version of its recently unveiled Edge Class ships, Celebrity Apex and Celebrity Edge the current size leaders in the Celebrity fleet.
Specifically, the third vessel in the Edge Class series will be 20 meters longer than its two sister ships, and a deck taller, too, the chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Group, Richard Fain, told cruise writers on Wednesday during a conference call on Zoom.
For more cruise news, reviews and tips, sign up for TPGs new cruise newsletter
The extra length and height of Celebrity Beyond will allow for new and bigger venues, Fain and other executives on the conference call said.
When people think about a stretch, they think about making the ship longer, Fain said. But a lot of what we were focused on was lifting up, particularly in the suite section, to give more feeling of openness and more feeling of height and spaciousness.
Planning a cruise? Start with these stories:
You May Like: Best Things To Do In Nassau Bahamas While On A Cruise
Celebrity’s Loyalty Program Captain’s Club
In June 2021, Celebrity updated its “Captain’s Club” loyalty program .
The offerings now include:
- onboard events “Captain’s Club Sneak Peek Series” , “Create and Pour” , Welcome Parties , “Captain’s Club Cocktail Hour .
- Spa discounts , deals exclude MedSpa and Spa Retails, but for Elite and above members Persian Garden’s access is complimentary on one of the port days .
- Laundry packages now include “Evening Chic” with the optional US$20 add-on for unlimited pressing .
- Internet discounts plus bonus minutes for Elite and Elite Plus members, an additional 10% discount is offered with pre-cruise booking. Zenith members receive complimentary the Stream package .
- Beverage package discounts . Zenith members receive complimentary the “Premium Beverage Package”.
- Wine discounts . Zenith members receive one complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant, marked with complimentary wine and flowers.
Compare: 8 Most Popular Cruise Ships
Nearly everyone has a favorite cruise ship. In this chart, we outline the key distinctions among the eight most popular cruise ships in the industry, as searched for by our very own readers. Look for highlights of onboard accommodations, dining and entertainment, as well as the itineraries and destinations that each vessel sails to.
Don’t have a favorite cruise ship just yet? Our picks just might inspire you to find the ship that perfectly fits your vacation style.
Hungry for more information about these top eight cruise ships? Click on the vessel name below to read about ship highlights and find links to itineraries, a photo tour of the ship, a comprehensive expert review and hundreds of reader-submitted critiques.
Don’t Miss: Disney Cruise Verandah Stateroom
Cruise Your Way Around The World With Celebrity Cruises In Sophisticated Ambiance And Enjoy A Refined Cruise Experience
Cruise the seas like a celebrity. Enjoy Celebrity Cruises’ attentive service and fine dining experiences on every voyage. Celebrity Cruises is known for their high crew-to-passenger ratio, sophisticated ambiance, and stunning onboard spas. Specialty cruises are also available through Celebrity, such as popular Wine Cruises and Tropical Holiday Cruises that you won’t soon forget.
A Plethora Of Dining Options
Apex has 29 different food and beverage venues, most of which are not buffets. This means that while some modifications were required , most outlets remain the same with à la carte service. Diners can choose between a raw and sushi bar, poolside burger stand, spa café with custom smoothies, steakhouse, Michelin-starred menu at Eden, and Le Petit Chef, a French bistro with 3D entertainment displayed on the table.
Oceanview Café is not your typical buffet, with many dishes prepared à la minute, like meat grilled to order and choose-your-own stir fries. Otherwise, staff serve guests from behind Plexiglass barriers. A pizza oven near the back patio of the ship is particularly popular. The new served buffet concept also significantly reduces food waste, which is a welcome change.
Notably, Apex exchanged its main dining room for four smaller restaurants, all of which are complimentary. Opulently designed, they have diverse menus that include Italian, Mediterranean, and French dishes, which adds variety for cruisers. Who could say no to escargot and French onion soup one night, and sizzling steaks the next?
Don’t Miss: Cruise To Hawaii From San Diego Round Trip
Celebrity Cruise Gratuities 2021
Since January 2020, the company’s daily gratuity rates were increased by ~7% .
- Standard cabins’ daily gratuity was changed from US$14,50 to US$15.50 pp .
- ConciergeClass and AquaClass staterooms’ daily gratuity was changed from US$15 to US$16 pp .
- Suites’ daily gratuity was changed from US$18 to US$19 pp .
Daily gratuity is an automatic service charge added to the passenger’s onboard account each day. Passengers can prepay gratuities. Daily gratuities are split between the ship’s staff .
In 2018, Celebrity’s daily gratuities were USD 13,50 , USD 14 and USD 17 .
Fuel Surcharge Policy On Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity Cruises has suspended their fuel supplement for all sailings. Guests already booked on sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, will receive a refund of any fuel supplement paid, as follows: Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are now paid in full, will have the supplement automatically refunded to them in the form of an onboard credit during their sailing. Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are not yet paid in full, will have the supplement automatically removed from their outstanding balance. For US reservations, Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement on all guests if the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $65.00 per barrel. The fuel supplement for 1st and 2nd guests would be no more than $10 per guest per day, to a maximum of $140 per cruise and for additional guests would be no more than $5 per person per day, to a maximum of $70 per cruise.
Also Check: Cruise Ships In Jacksonville Florida
Celebrity Cruise Ships By Age Size And Class
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click one, I may earn a commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Celebrity Cruises has 14 cruise ships. These range from large cruise ships that can accommodate over 3,000 guests to small expedition yachts with a guest capacity of just 16.
In this article, well explore the different Celebrity Cruises ships, to help you narrow down your options for your next cruise. Youll find lists of the Celebrity ships by age and size, as well as explanations of the different classes of vessels in the fleet.
Whether youre a regular cruiser or are considering your first cruise with Celebrity, I hope that you find this guide to Celebrity Cruises ships to be useful.
Who Are The Godparents Of All Of The C
- Beyond, TBA
- Apex, Reshma Saujani, the founder and CEO of international nonprofit Girls Who Code
- Flora, Yolanda Kakabadse, former minister of environment for Ecuador and former president of the International Union for Conservation of Nature and World Wildlife Fund International.
- Edge, Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai
- Xploration, None
- Reflection, Jovanka Goronjic, Megan Mathie., Helen OConnell, Rosey Rodriguez, all Celebrity employes whose life had been impacted by breast cancer to raise awareness for the cause.
- Silhouette, Michelle Morgan, the president and CEO of Signature Travel Network
- Eclipse, Emma Pontin, yachtswoman from the UK
- Equinox, Nina Barough, founder of a UK cancer charity
- Solstice, Sharon Smith, a biological oceanographer
- Xpedition, None
- Constellation, Jean Marie Arneberg, a wife of Tor Arneberg who was a member of the Royal Caribbean board of directors.
- Infinity, Solveig Wilhelmsen
- Summit, Paulina Rider Wilhemsen founder of Wilstar, a social impact venture which is focused on supporting projects in the areas of education, human dignity, womens rights, and maritime conservation.
- Millenium, Robyn Roux, wife and adviser to Michel Roux
And thats it, a guide to Celebrity Cruise ships with lot of useful facts, and some not so useful but interesting all the same.
Recommended Reading: Transport From Southampton To London
Travel Protection Options On Celebrity Cruises
Smart Casual and AboveLadies: Skirt or pants/trousers complemented by sweater or blouse.Gentlemen: Pant/trousers with collared sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. As a courtesy to our guests, we respectfully require and enforce compliance with dress code at the entrance of your restaurant of choice. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the ‘Smart Casual and Above: dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.Formal Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown or dressy pantsuit Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks. Specialty Restaurants The dress code at Celebrity’s Specialty Restaurants is ‘Smart Casual and Above’ for every night of your cruise. Formal attire is only required in the main dining room on your formal evenings.Renting Formalwear Formal evenings call for formal attire. Men can arrange for tailored, elegant formalwear to be delivered directly to your stateroom. To order, visit Cruiseline Formalwear.
What Are The Newest Celebrity Cruise Ships
The newest Celebrity Cruises ship is Celebrity Apex. This ship was delivered on 27 March 2020. The ships original maiden voyage was scheduled for 1 April 2020 but due to the global pause, this ship made its debut on 19th June 2021 in Greece.
Celebrity Apex and Celebrity Edge are the newest mainstream cruise ships in the Celebrity Cruises fleet. Two small Galapagos expedition ships, Celebrity Flora and Celebrity Xploration are also relatively new.
Theres then a five-year gap in the construction of new ships, with Celebrity Reflection being built in 2012.
You May Like: Disney Cruise Vacation Protection Plan
Tipping Policy On Celebrity Cruises
For your convenience, Celebrity automatically add gratuities for your restaurant and stateroom services to your onboard SeaPass® account on a daily basis in the following amounts, which may be adjusted at your discretion:
- $14.50 per person, per day in standard accommodations
- $15.00 per person, per day in Concierge Class and AquaClass® staterooms
- $18.00 per person, per day in suites
This gratuity is shared by your stateroom attendant, dining services staff, and housekeeping staff members who help enhance your vacation experience. At your discretion, the gratuity payments may be adjusted onboard at Guest Relations, in which case they will not automatically be added to your onboard SeaPass® account. An 18% gratuity will be automatically added to all beverages, mini bar purchases, spa and salon services. Additional gratuities may be added at your discretion.
What Are The Different Stateroom Classes On Celebrity Cruises
Its important not to confuse ship classes with accommodation classes
Celebrity Cruises also has two classes of accommodation which offer special services and amenities Aqua Class and Concierge Class.
Aqua Class staterooms In premium locations close to the spa, these come with unlimited access to spa areas and a range of perks including welcome drinks, daily canapes, a pillow menu, bathrobes, yoga mats and priority check-in.
Concierge Class staterooms Located on upper decks in midship locations, these come with perks such as an exclusive lunch on embarkation day, daily canapes, a pillow menu, priority check-in and access to a personalised concierge service.
You May Like: What Cruise Lines Go Out Of Mobile Al
Top 10 Biggest Cruise Ships In The World
Cruise ships are getting bigger and bigger and by the time a new worlds largest cruise ship is built an even bigger ship is already being planned. Cruise Hive looks at the top ten biggest cruise ships in the world by ship size and weight, not by passenger capacity.
The list is also changing as new vessels enter service so hopefully, well be able to keep up with all the new mega-ships that are currently on order. So whats the largest cruise ship in the world right now?
Its currently Royal Caribbeans Symphony of the Seas and shes set to remain number one for many years to come. There are new ships that will come near and enter into the 200,000 gross ton club such as MSCs new World-class ships, Royal Caribbeans own Icon-class ships and Gentings Global-class.
What Are The Different Ship Classes On Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity Edge class ships
Celebrity Edge class ships are the newest in the Celebrity Cruises fleet. Designed to bring you closer to the ocean, they feature the Magic Carpet, an outdoor levitating bar, and Eden, a beautiful indoor area with 7,000 square feet of windows.
The ships in Celebrity Edge class are:
- Celebrity Ascent
Recommended Reading: Cruise Lines Departing From Baltimore
Passenger Shipping Pause 2020
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, RCG-Royal Caribbean Group suspended its entire fleet’s passenger shipping operations worldwide by canceling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures in the period March 13, 2020, through June 30, 2021.
Next are listed all Celebrity ships and their first scheduled departure dates/regions in 2021-2022 – APEX , BEYOND , CONSTELLATION , ECLIPSE , EDGE , EQUINOX , INFINITY , MILLENNIUM , REFLECTION , SILHOUETTE , SOLSTICE , SUMMIT . Celebrity Cruises Galapagos ships and their restart dates in 2021 are Flora , Xpedition , Xploration .
- Celebrity’s Australia and New Zealand 2021-2022 programs were canceled .
- All Celebrity repositioning cruises in 2021 were canceled.
- Most Celebrity’s European schedules 2021 were canceled, excluding APEX and SILHOUETTE .
- Celebrity’s South America 2021-2022 program was canceled.
- Celebrity’s Japan 2021-2022 program was canceled.
All affected bookings received full refunds , including on prepurchased through Celebrity Cruises packages and services. The refunds were in FCC to be used on itineraries that depart up to April 30, 2022. The FCC had to be redeemed by December 31, 2021. Changing the FCC to a monetary refund was possible thru December 31, 2020. Celebrity’s Cancellation Policy was extended to allow penalty-free cancellations up to 48 hours prior departure and receive an FCC.
Celebrity Revolution Fleetwide Refurbishments
In July 2018, the company announced a USD 500 million fleet modernization program dubbed “Celebrity Revolution”. The project was scheduled for February 2019 through February 2023.
Fleetwide renovations include all staterooms and public spaces on 9 liners to bring their onboard amenities and services up to the standards of EDGE-class ships. For staterooms were contracted HBA and Kelly Hoppen .
All staterooms will be upgraded with eXhale bedding sets and high-tech amenities .
Renovated Celebrity ships will have “The Retreat” with a full-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi, private cabanas, padded loungers, poolside bar service .
Luminae Restaurant will be redesigned and will be introduced new menus by chef Cornelius Gallagher.
Qsine Restaurant will be added fleetwide and will offer “Le Petit Chef” created by Skullmapping artists and presented by TableMation Studios exclusively for Celebrity Cruises.
Main Dining Rooms, Oceanview Cafe and Sunset Bar will be redesigned, as well as most public venues. In the SPA will be added expanded SEA Thermal Suite. Retail shops will be expanded with new shopping brands – including Hublot and Shinola .
The 4-year fleet refurbishment program started in February 2019. The current list of scheduled for drydocks Celebrity ships is as follows:
- Celebrity Reflection Feb 2, 2023
You May Like: What Is The Newest Ship For Norwegian Cruise Line
Celebrity Brand’s Cruising Experience
- Accommodations: some of the largest cruise suites . Luxurious “ConciergeClass” staterooms, attentive highly personalized impeccable service and enjoying seating preference, priority check-in. 2:1 guest-to-staff ratio
- Dining: award-winning cuisine, excellent alternate dining venues. Celebrity’s “Gourmet Bites” every afternoon, themed lunch buffets. Culinary demonstrations. The line has partnered with “Elizabeth Blau and Associates”, as to menu and wine selections, and all the standards of serving.
- Facilities: the largest cruise ship spa and gym facilities at sea . “Celebrity Theatre” for Broadway-style productions, huge European-style casinos, bingo, themed bars, and lounges, including a discoclub, large pools, poolside recreation programs , onboard boutique shopping.
- Enrichment: “Celebrity Lecture Series”. Rich contemporary art collections. Art auctions, and enhanced golf program.
- “Celebrity Escape” concept offers complimentary classes, workshops, themed events, fashion shows, deck parties, etc.
Since 2013, the company has been partnered with “Top Chef” . In late 2014, both companies started the exclusive “Top Chef at Sea” cruising experience. By this onboard culinary program, fans and foodies have the opportunity to travel with a lineup of celebrity chefs on food-themed “Top Chef Signature Sailing” each year. Celebrity also offers an interactive “Quickfire Challenges” and “Top Chef”-inspired menu evenings fleetwide on cruises 5-nights or longer .