Cheap Royal Caribbean Cruises
- You want a big-ship cruise to the most popular ports of call
- You want nonstop active entertainment by day and by night
- You want the latest features of Royal Caribbean’s larger ships
- You don’t like being upsold extra cost activities abound
- You want to visit exotic, off-the-beaten-path ports of call
- You are looking for an intimate, traditional cruise experience
- You a value-packed cruise on a ship with plenty of features
- You find Royal Caribbean’s newer ships to be just too big
- You like to keep busy and want a full schedule of activities
- You want the wow factor of Royal Caribbean’s big new ships
- You need spacious cabins standard cabins are fairly tight
- You want all the latest bells and whistles to be onboard
- You like your ships big and your activities bold and nonstop
- You want the latest diversions, like onboard skydive simulators
- You are traveling as a family this is a great ship for the kids
- You want a quiet, adult-oriented experience this is not it
- You prefer sailing on a ship aimed at English speakers only
- You want mega-ship fun with innovative onboard features
- You need a cruise that is suitable for families of all ages
- You want your ships big and bold but with a touch of class
- You hate crowds things can get competitive at the buffet
- You are looking for cruises longer than a week in duration
- You don’t enjoy being upsold for promotions and packages
S Rock & Romance Cruise 2023 On Celebrity Summit March 16
The best of the 70s lives on as music icons from that rockin era show theyve still got it on the 70s Rock & Romance Cruise 2023. This weeklong getaway on Celebrity Summit is organized by StarVista Live and will sail from Miami to the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and St. Croix.
The lineup of 70s rock legends includes Don Felder from the Eagles, Jefferson Starship, John Lodge of The Moody Blues, Rick Wakeman of Yes, Foghat and Exile. The cruise will feature days filled with concerts, artist Q& A sessions, panel discussions and game shows.
Cabins on the 70s Rock & Romance Cruise 2023 start at $1,999 plus tax and additional fees of $325 per person for a double-occupancy inside cabin.
How to book: To book a stateroom, head to StarVista Lives website or call 844-466-7625.
Planning a cruise? Start with these stories:
Royal Caribbean International Fleet Location And Status Update
Royal Caribbean International has most of its ships back in service around the world, as well as a new cruise ship joining the active lineup next month.
Here is the location and status of the Royal Caribbean fleet as of Feb. 18, 2022:
Wonder of the SeasStatus: On operational pause Location: Atlantic Ocean
The Wonder of the Seas is currently crossing the Atlantic on its way to Port Everglades. After being , the vessel is ready to receive its first guests on March 4 for the inaugural season.
Odyssey of the SeasStatus: In service Location: Southern Caribbean
The Odyssey of the Seas is offering weekly departures from Port Everglades. Cruises range from six to eight nights and include visits to popular Western and Southern Caribbean destinations like Aruba, Curaçao, Cozumel and more.
Spectrum of the SeasStatus: On operational pause Location: Hong Kong
The Spectrum of the Seas remains out of service in Hong Kong after . The vessel is now set to resume guest operations in April, .
Symphony of the SeasStatus: In service Location: Western Caribbean
The Symphony of the Seas is currently cruising in the Western Caribbean. The vessel welcomed guests back again on Jan. 29, after earlier this year.
Ovation of the SeasYear Built: 2016 Capacity: 4,100 guests Status: On operational pause Location: San Diego, California The Ovation of the Seas is presently anchored off San Diego, California. With its winter season in Australia cancelled, the Quantum-class ship is .
Harmony of the Seas
Recommended Reading: When Is The Cheapest Time To Cruise
Royal Caribbean Cruise Guide
In the last 10 years, Royal has delivered the biggest and most modern ships in the market. From rock-climbing walls, crazy water slides and infinite food selection, Royal Caribbean continues to deliver a vacation of a lifetime.
Stemming from the idea that everybody should cruise, Royal offers cruise activities such as the Flowrider Surf simulator and Zip-lining for active vacationers, as well as the adults-only Solarium for those who simply want to relax and unwind.
In 2019, Royal Caribbean revamped their private Island, presenting Perfect Day at CocoCay as a new port of call in many of their Caribbean and Bahamas itineraries. This hidden island features an overwhelming number of activities such as the Daredevils Tower Aqua Park, Splash Summit, the Wave Pool and more!
The line also holds the distinction of debuting the Central Park and the Royal Promenade neighborhoods, two distinct areas found in many Royal ships, where guests can find many eateries, shops, bars and live entertainment throughout the day.
New Internet Packages Cost
RCI’s ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are “Cruise Planner” booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased onboard and also pre-purchased via RCI’s “Cruise Planner” booking system.
- “Voom Surf Voyage” is the “light package” providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms . The “Voom Surf Voyage” Internet package cost depends on the number of mobile devices using it. “Voom Surf” pricing is as follows: $13 , $12 , $10 and $20 .
- “Voom Surf + Stream” is the “real deal”, offering unlimited Internet activities, including high-speed video streaming . The “Voom Surf + Stream” Internet package cost also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Voom Surf + Stream pricing is as follows: $18 , $16 , $14 and $28 .
Occasionally, Royal Caribbean offers VOOM package discounts for passengers with pre-purchased online internet packages. Discounts are also offered for Royal Caribbean loyalty program members when the VOOM package is purchased onboard.
Also Check: Which Cruise Line Is Cheapest To Alaska
Rci Cruise Cancellation Policy
Starting April 18, 2018, Royal Caribbean passengers who want to cancel an upcoming cruise without penalty have to do so farther out from the departure date than before. The new RCI cruise cancellation policy simplifies the penalty fee schedule by reducing the number of itinerary categories from 5 to 2: those of 1 to 4 nights and those 5 nights or longer.
The previous time when RCI updated its cancellation policy was on March 7, 2016.
The Smooth Jazz Cruise
During its 30+ sailings, more than 60,000 guests have experienced this amazing music vacation. Youll enjoy wall-to-wall music for 7 days and nights as you get up close and personal with stars of the smooth jazz world. Experience The Greatest Party at Sea with Marcus Miller, Boney James, Michael McDonald, Vanessa Williams and many more stars. Sailing January 20-27, 2023 and January 27-February 3, 2023. More info at TheSmoothJazzCruise.com
Dont Miss: What To Do In Bahamas Cruise
Don’t Miss: How To Choose Alaska Cruise
The Outlaw Country Cruise 7 On Norwegian Pearl Feb 21
If youre a little more country than rock n roll, maybe a cruise with a country twang is the right vacation for you. For a week in late February, Norwegian Pearl will host the seventh installment of the popular Outlaw Country Cruise. This Sixthman voyage will sail from Miami and stop in Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, and Cozumel, Mexico.
The ship features five different venues where notable country acts like The Mavericks, Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle & The Dukes, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Old 97s and more will perform throughout the trip. Along with endless concerts, Norwegian Pearl offers activities ranging from yoga classes to film screenings.
Expect to pay at least $1,775 per person for an inside cabin, based on double occupancy.
How to book: This cruise is almost sold out, but you can join the waitlist if your preferred cabin is not available, as cancellations do occasionally occur. For more information about how to join the waitlist, check out Sixthmans sign-up page or call 877-379-9189.
You May Like: Full Transit Panama Canal Cruises 2022
Rci Cruise Ships Classes
RCI’s fleet has vessels in the following classes:
- Note: All vessels have an Outdoor Movie Theater , Solarium , Aqua Park, Rock Climbing Wall, FlowRider , 3D Cinema, Virtual Balcony Staterooms.
- “Oasis Class” ships feature Neighborhoods, AquaTheater, 3D Movies, Waterslides , Zip Line, 2 FlowRiders, 2 Climbing Walls, Carousel, Ice-Skating Rink, Loft Suites .
- “Icon Class” is a new design vessel with GT ~200K tons and passenger capacity 5000 .
- “Quantum Class” and “Quantum Ultra Class” ships feature North Star , RipCord , Seaplex , Two70 Lounge , Loft Suites, Music Hall .
- “Freedom Class” feature Ice-Skating Rink, Royal Promenade .
- “Radiance Class” feature Glass Elevators, Gyroscopic Self-Leveling Pool Tables, Mini-Golf Course.
- “Vision Class” ships is the fleet’s oldest, excepting only the “Sovereign Class” ships Majesty and Empress.
The Voyager-class, Freedom-class, and Oasis-class vessels have Royal Promenade. It is a centerline promenade in a multi-deck Atrium with a pedestrian area lined with restaurants and shops. At night, the Royal Promenade turns into an entertainment venue hosting live parades and dance parties. Royal Promenade’s upper levels have “Promenade Staterooms” . Next aerial photo shows a Voyager-class cruise ship .
Next aerial photo shows an Oasis-class cruise ship as looked from above.
Next is shown a Quantum-class ship as looked from above.
Don’t Miss: What Cruise Ship Goes To Jamaica
Will There Be More Cancellations
Royal Caribbean intends to offer its scheduled sailings as currently listed, but more cancelations are certainly possible given the fact the Covid-19 pandemic is still happening.
For the time being, there is not much discussion of the entire cruise industry shutting down again given the fact that vaccines and stringent health protocols are readily available.
Even the cancelled cruises listed above are expected to resume service on the specified dates.
If you have a cruise booked in 2022, the possibility of it being cancelled is possible, but not necessarily probable.
It’s important to be realistic about expectations for not only the cruise happening, but also the onboard experience. Certainly changes, especially at the last minute, are likely, so be prepared for them.
The Country Music Cruise: Experience A Country Music Party At Sea
Famous country music artists and fans from across the country can sail together on the annual Country Music Cruise. The voyage will feature a lineup of more than two dozen singers, tribute bands and entertainers, including the likes of Josh Turner, Mark Chesnutt and Lee Greenwood. Lorianne Crook hosts what is sure to be the biggest country music party at sea.
Don’t Miss: How Much Do Cruise Planners Franchisees Make
Walking Dead Themed Cruise
There were four zombie-themed Walking Dead cruises between 2016 and 2019. Known as the Walker Stalker Cruise, these Caribbean cruises on Norwegian Pearl featured a team of make-up artists to help cruisers turn into zombies before taking part in outrageous activities. Stars of The Walking Dead tv series were onboard for photo and autograph sessions.
Royal Caribbean Cancels Cruises
Royal Caribbean now becomes the second major cruise line to suspend operations on select ships due to the ongoing COVID situations, including concerns of the Omicron variant. The cruise line has informed travel agents that operations on Vision of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas, and Symphony of the Seas will be temporarily suspended.
Vision of the Seas operating with guests from Fort Lauderdale will be on pause until March 2022. Serenade of the Seas based out of Tampa will remain on hold from January 8 to March 5, returning on April 26 after a dry dock.
Jewel of the Seas which homeports in Miami, Florida, will have cruises suspended from January 9 to February 12, with the first sailing back departing on February 20, 2022. The worlds largest cruise ship Symphony of the Seas is also impacted, with cruises canceled from January 8 to January 22, with the Oasis-class vessel returning on January 20, 2022.
In the communication sent to travel agents, Royal Caribbean said,We regret having to cancel your clients long-awaited vacations and appreciate their loyalty and understanding. Our top priority is always the well-being of our guests, our crew and the communities we visit.
Despite stringent health and safety measures, including vaccination and testing requirements for guests and crew, and extensive contingency planning, we have had to move forward with this decision.
Also Check: When Do Cruises Start Again
Shipboard Vip Passenger Program The Key
On two liners is currently being tested a new VIP passenger access program . The program’s test period was November 2018 through March 2019. It has limited quantity and is available on select voyages.
The VIP package is available for purchase only via CruisePlanner. Currently, the package’s cost is USD 25,99 per person per day. However, all roommates ages 6 and older must purchase the package to receive its benefits .
“The Key” VIP package is inclusive of:
- Carry-on luggage service – drop off at Royal Theater or MDR , cabin delivery
- Welcome MDR lunch on embarkation day between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm. Dining reservations are not required.
- Daily private visits at signature shipboard facilities – including FlowRider, Rock-Climbing Walls, Ice-Skating Rink. VIP seating at live shows must be reserved online prior departure.
- Early access at the cruise terminal, priority check-in and tendering service at call ports without docking facilities.
- Complimentary room service
- 25% discount on all shipboard dining purchases
- Early access at the Theater’s shows
- Complimentary VOOM Internet .
- Priority debarkation with exclusive a la carte breakfast .
IMPORTANT: Currently, “The Key” package is not offered only on Majesty OTS, Quantum OTS and Voyager OTS. Priority check-in and boarding are not offered in Vancouver BC Canada and at Australian homeports.
The Top 3 Things You Must Do Whilst On Board
You May Like: Should You Get Cruise Insurance
Rci’s Wedding Packages & Vow Renewals
Standard wedding packages include priority services , non-denominational officiant, pre-recorded music, 3-tier cake, chocolate-covered strawberries, a specialty restaurant dinner and in-bed breakfast , themed cabin decorations, 1-hour photo service, 1x champagne bottle , keepsake wedding certificate .
Wedding package add-ons may include beauty services , live music, DJ , cocktail reception .
Wedding packages are priced between USD 2000-5600 .
Royal Caribbean Cruises Highlights
- An incredible company that has been in operation since 1969.
- A well-known name in the cruise line industry, with service standards that accompany their length of time in the industry.
- Winner of a plethora of service awards, including “Best Cruise Line in the Caribbean,””Best Cruise Line Overall,” and “Best Cruise Ship Symphony of the Seas.”
- Amazing rooms in various sizes available for all of your accommodation needs and party sizes.
- Breathtaking views, offering you uninterrupted views of the water, the shores, and all of the beautiful sights of each destination.
- Unmatched customer service to make your trip a relaxing and unforgettable experience.
- Knowledgeable tour guides to accompany you to places that you might have never heard of.
- Lots of space to explore and get to know the ship.
Read Also: What Cruise Line Goes To Puerto Rico
Ultimate Disco Cruise 2023
Get onboard the Ultimate Disco Cruise for 5 nights of celebrating the greatest dance music EVER! Relive the days of Studio 54 and get to know these innovative and trend-setting artists like never before. Enjoy over 40 LIVE performances and 20 celebrity interactive events including special Q& A sessions, wine tasting, panel discussions, dance classes and more. Sing your favorite disco numbers at karaoke and boogie til dawn at our two-story club, Studio 55! Sailing February 25-March 2, 2023. More info at UltimateDiscoCruise.com.
Australia & New Zealand
Ovation of the Seas will remain in Sydney and sail new itineraries: nine to 12 night voyages across the Tasman Sea to New Zealand five and seven night cruises to Queensland, Australia and six and eight night sailings to Tasmania, Australia.
Quantum of the Seas is now scheduled to homeport in Brisbane, offering voyages from three-night weekend getaways to seven and nine-night adventures throughout the South Pacific.
Serenade of the Seas will set out from Vancouver, British Columbia across the Pacific to Sydney, which will be her homeport through February 2022. Travelers can embark on 12 to 15-night cruises around the South Pacific to Fiji and New Zealand, or take a short getaway in Melbourne and around Australias east coast.
Don’t Miss: My Viking Journey Viking Cruises
Passenger Shipping Pause 2020
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, RCG-Royal Caribbean Group suspended its entire fleet’s passenger shipping operations worldwide by canceling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures in the period March 15, 2020, through early-July 2021.
Next are listed all RCI ships and their first departure dates/regions/homeports – ADVENTURE OTS , ALLURE OTS , ANTHEM OTS , BRILLIANCE OTS , ENCHANTMENT OTS , EXPLORER OTS , FREEDOM OTS , GRANDEUR OTS , HARMONY OTS , INDEPENDENCE OTS , JEWEL OTS , LIBERTY OTS , MARINER OTS , NAVIGATOR OTS , OASIS OTS , ODYSSEY OTS , OVATION OTS , QUANTUM OTS , RADIANCE OTS , RHAPSODY OTS , SERENADE OTS , SPECTRUM OTS , SYMPHONY OTS , VISION OTS , VOYAGER OTS , WONDER OTS .
All affected bookings received full refunds , including on prepurchased through RCI cruise packages and services. With rebooking are offered 125% refunds in FCC to be used on itineraries that depart up to September 30, 2022. The FCC must be redeemed by December 31, 2021. Full cash refund or changing the FCC to a monetary refund must be done by March 31, 2021. Within 45 days , all taxes, port fees and pre-purchased packages-amenities are automatically refunded to the original form of payment.
RCI’s Cancellation Policy was extended to allow penalty-free cancellations up to 48 hours prior departure and receive an FCC. The policy was also enhanced with two new rebooking options – “Best Price Guarantee” and “Lift and Shift” .