Review Of Royal Caribbean
RCI is a subsidiary company and largest brand of RCG . This Norwegian-American corporation is currently ranked the world’s second-largest passenger shipping company . However, RCG owns the world’s biggest passenger ships. As of 2020, RCG controlled ~24% of the global ship cruising market , had full ownership of 4 brands , 49% stake in Pullmantur , 50% stake in TUI Cruises , 19% stake in Wamos Air .
Tampa Cruises Travel Tips
- Wear layers, especially if you are visiting during the offseason. During this time, it can cool off a bit once the sun goes down!
- When you go swimming, make sure you swim in an area marked as “safe to swim.” There are gators in Tampa, so you just want to be careful.
- Bring and wear sunscreen every day! The sun can be fierce and might feel good on your skin, but you’ll want to wear sunscreen because it’s incredibly easy to get burnt.
- Make sure you wear comfortable shoes because a lot of downtown Tampa is pretty walkable. You may need to utilize public transportation or rent a car if you plan on going to destinations slightly outside of city limits.
- If you want to try to save money, consider purchasing a Tampa City Pass. This will provide you with discounted admission to many of the top sights throughout the city.
Rci’s Shipboard All Access Tour
Like most mainstream brands, RCI offers a behind-the-scenes touring of the ship providing access to areas where passengers are otherwise not allowed to visit.
Conducted only on a sea day, the 2-hour “All Access Tour” is a walking tour of 6x areas – Galley/Kitchen, Navigation Bridge , Engines/control room, waste management , laundry room , food storage rooms, the Royal Theater . Participants are required to wear pants and closed-toed shoes, and are provided with earpieces to hear the tour guide’s narration. The tour leader also often hands off the technical explanations to a crew working in the visited area for more detailed information on the facilities.
Don’t Miss: Best Deals On Cruise 2021
Royal Caribbean Cruises To Cuba From Florida
The newly-refreshed Empress OTS had scheduled a total of 58 voyages in the period January 2018 through March 2019, with more than half offering overnights in havana. Empress was homeported in Tampa for summer 2018, for 4- and 5-night itineraries to Key West, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Havana . For the winter 2018-2019 season, the ship repositioned to Port Everglades .
On December 1, 2017, RCI added 2 new Cuban ports included in 4- to 8-night long Caribbean itineraries on Empress of the Seas. The new 7-night “Best of Cuba” itinerary from Miami visits Cienfuegos, Havana, and Nassau. The 5-night itinerary visits Key West Florida and Havana . The 8-night itinerary visits Cienfuegos, Santiago de Cuba, Grand Cayman Island, and Labadee Haiti.
Majesty of the Seas offered 4- and 5-night itineraries to Havana leaving roundtrip from Tampa and from Fort Lauderdale . In July 2017, RCI unveiled the company’s 2nd ship to Cuba – Majesty OTS, homeported in Port Canaveral. Starting March 25, 2019, the liner offered a 4-night voyage calling at Havana.
Alaska Airlines offers regular nonstop flights to Havana from Los Angeles . An 80-min ling JetBlue flight from Fort Lauderdale to Havana costs less than USD 100. Previously, air travel from the USA to Cuba was thought charter flights only.
Rci’s Shipboard Kids And Teen Programming
Also complimentary the company offers to kids and teenagers supervised activities at dedicated facilities and youth counselors on each vessel.
For toddlers on each liner are provided at-fee nursery services via highly experienced and professionally trained staff.
RCI’s children program covers ages 2-17 and features brand partnerships , Family Disco Hour. dedicated areas and facilities, including toddlers-only pools, computer rooms, video game arcades, separate kids- and teen-only clubs.
On September 30, 2018, RCI discontinued fleetwide its in-cabin babysitting service . Service’s only alternatives still available are the shipboard nursery and group sitting . The other two kids programs remained unchanged.
You May Like: Where Is Best To Cruise In September
Ships Sailing In June 2022
This month will see every single Royal Caribbean ship back in service again, as Rhapsody of the Seas restarted operations on May 23.
- Freedom of the Seas from Miami, Florida
- Anthem of the Seas from Cape Liberty, New Jersey until she moves to Southampton
- Allure of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Symphony of the Seas from Miami, Florida
- Independence of the Seas from Port Canaveral, Florida
- Harmony of the Seas from Port Canaveral, Florida
- Liberty of the Seas from Galveston, Texas
- Adventure of the Seas from Cape Liberty, New Jersey
- Explorer of the Seas from Miami, Florida
- Navigator of the Seas from Los Angeles, California
- Spectrum of the Seas from Singapore
- Grandeur of the Seas from Galveston, Texas
- Enchantment of the Seas from Baltimore, Maryland
- Radiance of the Seas from Vancouver, Canada or Seward, Alaska
- Serenade of the Seas from Vancouver, Canada
- Voyager of the Seas from Copenhagen, Denmark
- Quantum of the Seas from Seattle, Washington
- Ovation of the Seas from Seattle, Washington
- Oasis of the Seas from Cape Liberty, New Jersey
- Brilliance of the Seas from Rome, Italy
- Wonder of the Seas from Barcelona and Rome
- Odyssey of the Seas from from Rome, Italy
- Vision of the Seas from Barcelona, Spain
- Rhapsody of the Seas from Rome, Italy
- Jewel of the Seas from Amsterdam, Netherlands
Royal Caribbean’s ships will be operating out of three primary markets: Alaska, Europe, and Caribbean.
Cheap Cruises From Port Canaveral Florida
Cheap cruises from Port Canaveral FL give you the luxury of port location near Orlando’s theme parks, and the cruise ships’ beautiful, tropical destinations. Cheap cruises from Port Canaveral FL don’t need to be difficult to find. That’s why we’ve gathered the best prices for you – so booking your family vacation means enjoying a trip that you’ll always remember.
Vacations to the Bahamas and the Caribbean have never been easier to plan than they are now with our cheap cruises from Port Canaveral FL. These locations are available to visit year-round, and other seasonal cruises can give you the opportunity to visit Bermuda, the Panama Canal, and even Barcelona on a Trans Atlantic Cruise.
Recommended Reading: River Cruise To New Orleans
Adventures By Disney Pre
Adventure by Disney Pre- and Post-Cruise Escape Packages take place before and after select Disney Cruise Line sailings. These 2- to 3-night Escapes include 2 Adventure by Disney guides hotel accommodations multiple, daily excursions special VIP privileges all transportation during the trip and a photo CD with all the Adventure by Disney guide photos.
- If you are interested in booking an Adventures by Disney Pre- or Post-Cruise Escape Package, we recommend filling out a quote form with Small World Vacations. They give you full service, including a personal travel agent you can contact by email or direct phone number and we recommend them wholeheartedly! Best of all, it costs you nothing to use them, PLUS you could save up to $1,000! Read more about the Small World Vacations savings offer here.
Go Off The Beaten Path In Orlando
With so many things to do in Orlando, youll quickly discover your options are limitless. From award-winning golf courses to fascinating museums and outdoor adventures, this bustling city has fun activities for every type of adventure seeker. Before you cruise out of Orlando, venture out to explore and discover for yourself why its nicknamed The City Beautiful.
Don’t Miss: Which Cruises Leave From New York
Rci Cruise Cancellation Policy
Starting April 18, 2018, Royal Caribbean passengers who want to cancel an upcoming cruise without penalty have to do so farther out from the departure date than before. The new RCI cruise cancellation policy simplifies the penalty fee schedule by reducing the number of itinerary categories from 5 to 2: those of 1 to 4 nights and those 5 nights or longer.
The previous time when RCI updated its cancellation policy was on March 7, 2016.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Travel Tips
- A brand name that you know and can trust.
- Industry master, with over 50 years of experience and operation in the cruise line sector.
- They provide an incredible travel experience to all ages and have amazing amenities to help heighten your experience.
- Rock walls, surfing, and even waterparks to offer you something unique that you won’t find on any other cruise ship.
- Simply unpack and settle in once, then relax into your stateroom for the remainder of your trip.
- Our fast processes for embarkation and disembarkation give guests even more time to explore and allow for quicker access to the ship to reach anything you may need from us or your room.
- Incredible staterooms and suites to offer you the most relaxing experience while onboard.
- Incredible personalized experience designed to provide a family-like atmosphere.
- The industry’s most knowledgeable cruise managers and guides, providing you with the best guided experiences in the cruise market.
- Varied excursions available including everything from walking tours to guided biking tours, hikes, and more.
Recommended Reading: Where Is Celebrity Edge Cruise Ship Now
New Internet Packages Cost
RCI’s ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are “Cruise Planner” booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased onboard and also pre-purchased via RCI’s “Cruise Planner” booking system.
- “Voom Surf Voyage” is the “light package” providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms . The “Voom Surf Voyage” Internet package cost depends on the number of mobile devices using it. “Voom Surf” pricing is as follows: $13 , $12 , $10 and $20 .
- “Voom Surf + Stream” is the “real deal”, offering unlimited Internet activities, including high-speed video streaming . The “Voom Surf + Stream” Internet package cost also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Voom Surf + Stream pricing is as follows: $18 , $16 , $14 and $28 .
Occasionally, Royal Caribbean offers VOOM package discounts for passengers with pre-purchased online internet packages. Discounts are also offered for Royal Caribbean loyalty program members when the VOOM package is purchased onboard.
Cococay Island Refurbishments 2018
Since 2015, RCCL invests huge money in the corporation’s private Bahamian island CocoCay. In March 2018, Royal Caribbean announced a USD 200-million project for developing private land destinations in the regions of the Caribbean, Asia, and Australia-Oceania. As part of this project, on CocoCay will be built unique water attractions.
CocoCay has 3 new beaches. Chill Island Beach offers private cabanas and daybeds. South Beach is specifically designed for beachside activities and offers bungalows, daybeds, teepees . Coco Beach Club is an exclusive beach with overwater cabanas providing premium island vacation experiences. Coco Beach cabana rentals are inclusive of 1 hammock, 1 waterslide, dedicated service . The complex also has a freshwater infinity pool, full bar, restaurant.
In May 2018, RCI announced plans to build permanent accommodations on CocoCay allowing Suite passengers to stay on the island overnight . The concept includes premium cabanas serving passengers on any of the RCI ships calling at CocoCay.
In 2017-2018 was constructed a new pier , as well as a basketball court, bocce ball court, bowling court, volleyball nets, large-size pool table.
In 2016 the private island was upgraded with a swim-up bar at Barefoot Beach, new cabanas, new island dock , 35 beach bungalows at Barefoot Beach.
In 2015, the island was upgraded with new trams and was added a new / shorter tram route and a new freshwater shower .
Also Check: What Cruise Ships Sail Out Of Galveston
Cruises Out Of Port Canaveral Florida
|There are 111 cruises that depart from Orlando, FL in the year 2022. Three cruise lines offer cruises that leave out of Orlando in 2022 – Carnival , Royal Caribbean and Norwegian .You can see Orlando cruise schedule for 2022 in the table below. Be sure to look at the $/Day column to find cheap Orlando cruise deals in 2022.|
Potential Tropical Storm Impacts Cruises
We start with important news as a potential Tropical Storm begins to impact the cruise industry as it heads across South Florida. According to the National Hurricane Center , the soon be named Tropical Storm Alex currently has maximum sustained winds of 40 MPH and the center is located about 35 miles Northeast of Naples, Florida.
With the storm moving over multiple major cruise ports such as PortMiami, Port Canaveral, Port of Tampa and Port Everglades, cruise lines are needing to adjust itineraries to make sure guests and crew onboard are kept safe.
Royal Caribbeans Symphony of the Seas will not dock in Miami for debarkation as planned on Saturday, June 4 guests will remain onboard until Sunday. The next cruise, which will be shortened by one day, will depart at 7 p.m. Sunday.
left Bermuda early on Friday, June 3, to avoid the worst weather and to change its route to return to Port Canaveral safely and on schedule on Sunday, June 5.
Harmony of the Seas has also changed routes through The Bahamas to avoid the worst of the storms impact, but is scheduled to arrive on time back in Port Canaveral on Sunday, June 5.
Royal Caribbean has also sent out an update for guests booked on Adventure of the Seas June 4 sailing that the ship will not be heading to Bermuda as scheduled. The vessel will instead be sailing to Canada to avoid the storm.
Read Also: What Cruise Lines Cruise Out Of New Orleans
What To Expect From The Weather On The June Cruise
Temperatures in the northern Caribbean islands are very warm in June, with the Bahamas having a daily average of 81 degrees Fahrenheit, peaking at 88 degrees Fahrenheit, and decreasing to 74 degrees Fahrenheit at night. Temperatures in the south are comparable, with a daily average temperature of 81 degrees Fahrenheit, a high of 84 degrees Fahrenheit, and a low of 76 degrees Fahrenheit in the evenings. In June, the Caribbean Sea temperature ranges from 81 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit. The formal start of hurricane season is in June, but dont let that deter you. Hurricanes and tropical storms dont happen in the Caribbean very often in June, so you can plan a cruise from Florida and enjoy island life.
Get On The Early Booking List
Interested in booking a cruise for a date or itinerary that hasnt been announced yet? You can submit a booking request for a Disney cruise, even before Disney Cruise Line releases the schedule. Save yourself some stress and fill out the Small World Vacations Wait List form in advance and theyll book your preferred cruise the first day you are eligible, at no cost to you! Plus, you can get up to $1000 in FREE onboard credit courtesy of Small World Vacations!
Disney Cruise Line announces their cruise dates and itineraries for only a few months at a time: January through April, then May through September and finally, September through December. Once the new itineraries come out, booking begins just a day or two later, first to Castaway Club members and then to the general public.
The people who book earliest almost always get the lowest possible price. Sometimes there will be last-minute deals via the restricted guarantee fares or Florida Resident fares, but only a small percentage of cruises ever have those fares, and those fares arent always cheaper than opening day fares. In addition, early bookers get first dibs on staterooms, making it the best way to land one of the hardest-to-get staterooms like the Secret Porthole and Secret Verandah rooms. Lots of people know about these advantages, so on the days the new itineraries become available for booking, both the phone lines and website get slammed.
You May Like: Are Celebrity Cruises Kid Friendly
Lifeguards On Rci Ships
Since 2017, all RCI ships have onboard licensed lifeguards by the line’s “water safety program”, implemented fleetwide. By the new program, water safety signs are placed throughout the ship.
Ship’s lifeguards are dressed in special uniforms and stationed at every swimming pool, including the Solarium during the complex’s opening hours. All Royal Caribbean lifeguards are trained through the RCI’s partnership with StarGuard Elite .
- The water safety program includes a 15-min presentation . The instruction is for by both kids and parents and held during Adventure Ocean’s open-house session.
- Swim vests for all kids are readily available. Additional signage is added around swimming pool areas and in all cabins to encourage parents to use them.
- Kids under 12 require a parent or guardian to be present when swimming in any of the cruise ship’s pools.
RCI’s water safety program was rolled out fleetwide in 2017 . Next are listed all RCI boats and the itinerary dates when each implemented the new lifeguard service.
The news made RCI the 2nd major cruise company with shipboard lifeguards – following DCL-Disney and followed by NCL-Norwegian starting with NCL’s 4 largest vessels and employing onboard lifeguards fleetwide by 2018.
Shipboard poolside activities vary, but some of the common ones include watching movies , playing bingo, hosting fun competitions, games, classes .
Cruise News Update: June 4 2022
Your cruise news update with the latest developments from the past week, including coverage of the storm that’s impacting cruises.
Get caught up on all the latest cruise news from the past week with a mixture of developments, including coverage of the soon-to-be Tropical Storm Alex and its impact on the cruise industry.
Read Also: Grand Cayman Cruise Port Closed 2022