Screening Testing Of Newly Embarking Crew
- Cruise ship operators should test newly embarking crew on the day of embarkation and again 3-5 days after embarkation.
- Crew members should wear well-fitting masks outside of their cabin during this time period.
- If the crew members results are positive, they should be isolated until criteria are met for discontinuation of isolation according to the Discontinuation of Isolation for Travelers section above.
Is Complaintsboardcom Associated With Carnival Cruise Lines
ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Service. Initial Carnival Cruise Lines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Carnival Cruise Lines above.
ComplaintsBoard.com is an independent complaint resolution platform that has been successfully voicing consumer concerns since 2004. We are doing work that matters – connecting customers with businesses around the world and help them resolve issues and be heard.
Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines. Discuss the issues you have had with Carnival Cruise Lines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.
The Cdc Is Investigating A Covid
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is investigating a recent Covid-19 outbreak on a Carnival cruise ship that docked in Seattle after a two-week voyage.
The Carnival Spirit, which sailed through the Panama Canal, departed Miami on April 17 and arrived in Seattle on May 3, according to a statement from the cruise line. The ship holds 2,124 guests and 930 crew members, Carnival said.
The CDC says its not permitted to publicly share the number of passengers and crew members who quarantined or tested positive. But the ship is labeled as orange status per the agencys cruise ship Covid-19 threshold, indicating that 0.3% or more of total passengers and or crew members tested positive, according to CDCs guidelines.
The ships color status helps the CDC determine the scope of investigation, the agency said.
Carnival Spirit is one of 62 cruise ships currently sailing at orange status, the CDC said in a statement to CNN.
Both the cruise line and CDC said there were no severe outcomes or serious health issues among those who tested positive, and Carnival said most guests were asymptomatic.
Our health and safety protocols exceed CDC guidelines and were closely followed including vaccination requirements and pre-cruise testing of all guests.Our crew are also vaccinated and wear masks, Carnival said in a statement to CNN.
The ship departed Seattle for Alaska later on May 3, according to Carnivals statement.
You May Like: How Long Is The Branson Belle Dinner Cruise
What To Do In Long Beach Pre
If you have a day or two pre- or post-cruise, then you’ll find plenty to do and see in Long Beach. The , Long Beach Museum of Art and Museum of Latin American Art are must-sees for visitors. Shoppers will find all their favorite brand names at a discount at the , right in downtown Long Beach. For more unique boutiques in pedestrian-friendly settings, check out Retro Row on 4th Street, the East Village Arts District, or visit the Belmont Shore neighborhood.
Anthem Of The Seas Entertainment
There are two main entertainment venues on Anthem of the Seas: the Royal Theater and Two70.
All Royal Caribbean ships have a multi-level theater used for musicals, plays, comedians, musicians, vocalists, and miscellaneous events during the cruise.
Two70, on the other hand, is an entertainment venue found only on Quantum Class cruise ships. Located in the aft of Anthem of the Seas, Two70 has floor-to-ceiling windows that span 270 degrees, offering incredible views of the ocean.
Read Also: Which Cruise Lines Go To Glacier Bay
Passengers Say Cruise Ship Was Overwhelmed
Some passengers who were on board the Carnival Spirit alleged that crew members mishandled the Covid-19 outbreak on the ship.
Darren Siefertson, who is from Las Vegas, Nevada, told CNN he boarded the ship on April 17 from Miami and was informed by April 26 that there was a Covid-19 outbreak on the ship.
After testing positive, Siefertson said he was promised to be moved to an isolation cabin but ended up being forced to stay in the same room as his roommate.
Siefertson said when he called the medical center for an update, the center had already closed before its scheduled closing time, and no one was picking up the phone.
When Siefertsons cabin mate went to guest services to ask what they should do, he was told there were no more isolation cabins available, and he would have to stay in the same room as Siefertson.
Ship guests also complained that room service took hours to get food to those who were in quarantine, Siefertson said.
There were times we ordered our food at 1 p.m. and it didnt show up until 7 p.m., Walter Babij, who was on the cruise with his wife, told CNN. Both Babij and his wife tested positive for Covid-19 while aboard the ship and quarantined in an isolation cabin.
There were also a few times we didnt get our complete orders. We would have to call several times to track down our food. We were completely dependent on them, Babij said.
Both Siefertson and Babij told CNN they felt the cruise line was overwhelmed.
Anthem Of The Seas Wellness & Relaxation
If youre looking for rest and relaxation on your cruise, youll want to check out the spa on Anthem of the Seas. A variety of treatments are available, from Swedish massages to couples treatments and aromatherapy. A salon is also located within the spa, offering hair and nail services.
Anthem of the Seas also has a thermal suite available, which has saunas, steam rooms, a rainforest shower, and hot stone loungers. You can access the thermal spa with a thermal spa pass, which has no limit on the amount of times you can visit the spa, so you can enjoy the facilities throughout the entire cruise.
In addition to the spa is the Vitality Fitness Center, which is a large gym on the top floor of the ship. Located in the fitness center are cardio machines, free weights, weight machines, and exercise mats.
Fitness classes and consultations are also available, although these come at an extra cost.
Read Also: Used Toyota Fj Cruiser For Sale
Up To 40% Off To The Med Ends July 31st
You asked for more sun, calming waves, and azure seas. So we listened, and for a limited re-release, sail away to the magnetic Mediterranean waters with up to 40% off and up to $400 in onboard credit, plus over $600 in value on every exclusively adult sailing. But hurry, this epic savings encore sails away on July 31st.
Specialty Dining Venues On Anthem Of The Seas:
- Chops Grille, Royal Caribbeans classic steakhouse
- Jamies Italian, modern Italian cuisine
- Izumi Sushi, offering a variety of sushi and hot dishes like ramen and fried rice
- Johnny Rockets, Americana fare including hamburgers and milkshakes
- Wonderland, an imaginative cuisine restaurant inspired by the tales of Alice and Wonderland
- Chefs Table, a multi-course meal in which each course is paired with wine
- Cafe Patisserie, a French-style bakery with patisserie and specialty coffees and teas
Don’t Miss: Does American Cruise Lines Hire Felons
Anthem Of The Seas Bars & Lounges
Outside of the extensive number of dining venues onboard Anthem of the Seas are a variety of lounges, each of which comes with its own drink offerings and vibe.
Some bars, such as Vintages Wine Bar, offer a relaxing environment perfect for sipping a glass of wine and reading a book. Others, like Boleros, offer a high-energy ambiance where you can enjoy live Latin music while drinking a fresh mojito.
The following bars and lounges can be found on Anthem of the Seas:
- Schooner Bar
Things To Do On Anthem Of The Seas
Anthem of the Seas is packed with amazing activities for guests of all ages, most of which are included in your cruise fare. Some activities are available throughout the entire cruise, whereas others will have set times allocated for the activity, which can be found in the Cruise Planner or Royal Caribbean app.
Here are some of the activities available on Anthem of the Seas:
Recommended Reading: What Cruise Line Goes To Virgin Islands
Other Travelers With Covid
- Travelers who test positive for COVID-19 and who disembark before completing their 10-day isolation period may end isolation after 5 days, following guidance for the general public. Travelers who test positive for COVID-19 should not travel commercially after they disembark from a ship until a full 10 days after their symptoms started or the date their positive test was taken if they had no symptoms.
- If discontinuation of the 10-day isolation period occurs on board, CDC recommends cruise ship medical personnel provide the travelers with a signed letter, on official letterhead that contains the name, address, and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider, stating that the traveler has been cleared to end isolation and therefore can travel.
Is There Parking At The Cruise Terminal
Parking is available at the Long Beach Cruise Terminal parking structure for $23 per day . 0-30 minutes – No charge, 31 to 59 minutes $4.00, 1 to 2 hours $8.00. Note: The Garage Height Limit is 7’0″. Oversized vehicles cannot park in the garage but may be accommodated in the adjacent lot. Oversized vehicles are vehicles that take up more than one parking space. Long Beach hotels provide a variety of Park & Sail packages for your pre or post cruise stays.
Hotels options and where to stay near the Long Beach Cruise Terminal.
There are plenty of hotels and accommodations convenient to the Long Beach Cruise Terminal. Any hotel in the greater Long Beach area will only a few short minutes away from the Cruise Terminal. Find the perfect place to stay on our website.
Are there restaurants near the Long Beach Cruise Terminal?
Just around the bend is The Hotel Maya, where its restaurant Fuego offers stunning waterfront views. You will also be just a short ride from downtown Long Beach, which offers plenty of walkable . Explore Pine Avenue, The Promenade, or Shoreline Village for fresh seafood, local gastropubs, fine dining, and more!
You May Like: What’s The Biggest Cruise Ship
Considerations For Isolation Or Quarantine
Cruise ship operators should consider the following elements when isolating cases or quarantining close contacts:
- Isolating or quarantining travelers in single-occupancy cabins, with private bathrooms, with the door closed.
- Designating isolation and quarantine cabins in areas separate from other cabins.
- If a traveler is identified as a case or a close contact is disembarking the ship within 36 hours, it may be more practical for the cruise ship operator to keep the traveler in their original cabin if the traveler will be the only person in that cabin.
Overview Of Carnival Cruise Lines Complaint Handling
1024Carnival Cruise Lines reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 17, 2006.The latest review was posted on Jul 26, 2022.The latest complaint Refund not received – unauthorized credit card charges was resolved on Jun 23, 2022. Carnival Cruise Lines has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 1024 reviews.Carnival Cruise Lines has resolved 746 complaints.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Cruise Line From Seattle To Alaska
Discontinuation Of Isolation For Travelers
To calculate the travelers isolation period, day 0 is their first day of symptoms or the day of their positive viral test if asymptomatic.
CDC has provided guidance for isolation in community and high-risk congregate settings. If isolation is ended before 10 days are completed, travelers should properly wear a well-fitting mask when outside of cabin through day 10. During this time, these individuals should have in-cabin dining and also wear a well-fitting mask inside their cabin if any other person enters the cabin.
Cruise ship operators can consider the following for the discontinuation of isolation:
- For symptomatic travelers with suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- End isolation after 5 days from symptom onset, if
- They are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication, and
- Their other symptoms have improved , and
- They have two negative antigen tests collected at least 24 hours and no more than 48 hours between teststest no earlier than day 5 .
Crew Screening Testing Specifications
- When choosing a testing method, cruise ship operators should consider the differences in sensitivity between NAAT and antigen tests. At this time, CDC preferentially recommends NAAT for cruise ships because it is less likely to miss cases of SARS-CoV-2 infection when compared to antigen testing.
- Tests should be performed as authorized under their Emergency Use Authorization and described in the manufacturers instructions for use or equivalent for those authorized in other national jurisdictions. Any specimen type and source specified in the IFU may be used and should be collected by, or under the supervision of, a health care professional.
- Refer to the FDA website for a list of the SARS-CoV-2 point-of-care and rapid tests that have received Emergency Use Authorization .
- Tests that have been authorized for use in a point-of-care setting will have a W, for Waived, in the Authorized Settings column of the FDA table.
- The laboratory or testing site should use a test authorized for point-of-care use by the FDA and should follow the manufacturers instructions for each test.
Also Check: Where Do Mediterranean Cruises Go
S: First New Build Ships
In 1982, Carnival introduced their first purpose-built ship, the Tropicale. This was the first ship on which the iconic winged funnel was introduced, which has since been used on all ships in the fleet it was designed by Joe Farcus, who would become a longtime Carnival Cruise Line design collaborator.
In 1984, Carnival would introduce a new television marketing campaign during this time, starring Kathie Lee Gifford, who continues to be a longtime collaborator with the line.
Disembarkation To Obtain Medical Care
Cruise ship operators should have clear protocols that avoid medical evacuations at sea to the extent possible for COVID-19 and other medical conditions. Protocols should rely on commercial resources for unavoidable medical evacuations at sea and be designed to minimize the burden on federal , state, and local government resources. Travelers with COVID-19 should properly wear a well-fitting mask covering their mouth and nose during the disembarkation process and throughout transportation to the shoreside healthcare facility, if a mask can be tolerated and does not interfere with medical treatment .
Also Check: Which Cruise Line Is Most Family Friendly
Entertainment Venues And Activities
- Improve ventilation in venues
- Limit capacity in areas with performances, dancing, acting, and singing, and similar activities.
- Limit capacity in areas with activities such as rock-climbing walls, zip-lines, mini golf, sports courts, jogging, skating, arcade rooms, and similar activities to avoid crowding.
- Provide adequate space between exercise equipment.
- Limit class sizes to avoid crowding.
Anthem Of The Seas Staterooms
Anthem of the Seas has a stateroom option for any budget, from small studio cabins for solo travelers to lavish loft suites. Certain room categories, such as studios and suites, can fill up quickly, so booking your cruise as far in advance as possible is recommended to ensure you can book the stateroom of your choice.
The following staterooms are available to book on Anthem of the Seas:
- Interior with virtual balcony
Anthem of the Seas splits her time between the US and UK, offering cruises from Cape Liberty, New Jersey and Southampton, England.
Recommended Reading: Can You Smoke On Norwegian Cruise Ships