Ncl Ships Itineraries Overview
- Grand Circle Cruise Line one-way from Miami to Havana, or the reverse from Havana to Miami .
- International Expeditions
- Victory Cruise Lines – MS Victory I – fly-cruises from Miami to Havana
According to the current Cuban law, US citizens of Cuban origin are not allowed to visit the island country . Regardless of their US citizenship status, Cuban-born Americans were denied booking on cruise itineraries visiting ports in Cuba. However, the situation changed in April 2016, after Carnival Corporation negotiated with the Cuban government for allowing ships with Cuban-born passengers, as such US citizens are allowed to visit the country on USA-Cuba charter flights. The Carnival-fathom line started Miami to Cuba cruises in May 2016.
Alaska Airlines offers regular nonstop flights to Havana from Los Angeles . An 80-min ling JetBlue flight from Fort Lauderdale to Havana costs less than USD 100. Previously, air travel from the USA to Cuba was thought charter flights only.
Cape Liberty Bayonne New Jersey
The Cape Liberty cruise port is located in Bayonne, New Jersey, on the New York Harbor. Its only seven miles from New York City and offers easy access to popular shopping and dining areas.
Cruise lines departing from Cape Liberty include:
- Royal Caribbean Destinations include exotic ports of call in the Bahamas and the Caribbean. An example itinerary is the 7-night Bahamas Cruise that stops in Florida, and then CocoCay and Nassau in the Bahamas. Prices start at $544 per person.
- Celebrity Cruises New England, Canada, Bermuda, and the Caribbean are among the options here. Choose a 14-night Canada and New England cruise that starts at $1,699 per person with stops in Boston, Maine, Quebec, Saguenay Fjord, and Halifax.
Theres plenty of parking at the port terminal, so you dont need to worry about your vehicle while sailing. Rates run $20 a day. Oversized vehicles and RVs that take up more than one spot will be charged double and there is a height restriction of 74. There is an adjacent lot that is open for those vehicles with height restrictions.
Embarking and Disembarking
Passengers can carry their luggage directly on board, with elevators available for passengers with excess luggage. There are no carts in the terminal and luggage that doesnt fit through the screening machine must be checked with the porter delivery service. Maximum dimensions are 23 x 16.
Read Also: What Cruise Ships Sail Out Of Mobile Alabama
New York Parking Information
If you drove your own car to Manhattan, youll want to finda place to park for the duration of your cruise. Luckily, there are variousoptions around the city to choose from.
A few of the best parking options are:
For a much more extensive list of parking options and New York driving tips, read our article about Manhattan Cruise Parking.
Also Check: Hot Cruise Deals Last Minute
About Cruising From New York
When you choose to cruise from NYC, you can enjoy the same amenities of a typical Florida cruise, but departing from the convenience of New York terminals. If youre traveling from other cities in the US, you can enjoy attractions such as the Statue of Liberty, Times Square or Carnegie Hall in addition to your cruise vacation.
Cruises that depart from New York are popular among native New Yorkers and tourists from around the world. Natives enjoy taking a cruise that doesnt involve the hassle of flying, and tourists love adding New Yorks best attractions to a cruise vacation.
Used as a ship departure location since the 1930s, the Manhattan Cruise Terminal went through significant modernization improvements over the past decade. Starting in 2004, $200 million went into the terminals, allowing Pier 88 and Pier 90 to accommodate larger cruise ships. An additional $4 million in Passenger Boarding Bridges went toward accommodations for newer and larger ships. The result is one of the more modern cruise facilities in the U.S., with adjustable gangways, expanded pier aprons, and separate arrival and departure points for decreasing congestion and improving efficiency.
Dont Miss: What Cruise Lines Depart From Norfolk Va
New York Tours Shore Excursions Hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Empire State Building: dont miss that famed building. It is 1050 ft tall. You can take a look from the airy promenade after a great lift to the Observatory.
- Central Park: the iconic park dates from 1857. It is a large landscaped area where you can enjoy the Zoo, the Botanical Gardens, the Bethesda fountain, the Great Lawn and Belvedere Castle.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: located between East 81 and East 82, dates from 1870. Discover artworks of famous artists Aristotle with a Bust of Homer by Rembrandt, Wheat Field with Cypresses by Van Gogh, Young Woman with a Water Pitcher by Vermeer and The Unicorn in Captivity, medieval tapestry.
- Brooklyn Bridge: the bridge dates from the late 19th century. It spans across the East River. The Brooklyn Bridge and the views across Brooklyn, Upper Bay and Manhattan are breathtaking.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: 39 acres with beautiful gardens. Walk through the Bonsai Museum, the Tropical Pavilion, the Aquatic House and the Desert Pavilion. You can also have a coffee, buy a gift or something from the garden store.
Port New York cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port’s schedule lists all ships with cruises going to or leaving from New York, Cape Liberty Bayonne NJ-NYC. To see the full itineraries and their lowest rates just follow the corresponding ship-link.
Don’t Miss: What Cruise Lines Go Out Of San Diego
Is A Passport Required To Go On A Cruise
Do I need a passport? We recommend that everyone taking a cruise from the United States have a passport book. Though some closed-loop cruises may not require a U.S. passport, we recommend bringing yours in case of an emergency, such as an unexpected medical air evacuation or the ship docking at an alternate port.
Perfect Day At Cococay
Nestled in The Bahamas, the private destination formerly known as CocoCay is got a major face lift. You can find all new attractions like a helium-balloon ride that takes you up to 450 feet above the island, a freshwater pool so big, its the largest in all of the Caribbean, a lightning-fast zip line experience, luxurious overwater cabanas, and a water park with the tallest waterslide in North America Daredevils Peak and the largest wave pool in the Caribbean. All the cruises sailing from the New York area to The Bahamas include a stop there, so choosing a getaway that works with your schedule is easy.
Read Also: New York Norwegian Cruise Port
Bulk Cargo And Marine Transfer
At the Greenville end, CSX Transportation operates through Conrails North Jersey Shared Assets Area along the National Docks Secondary. At Brooklyn, end connections are made to the New York and Atlantic Railways Bay Ridge Branch and the South Brooklyn Railway. The 2.5-mile crossing takes approximately 45 minutes. The equivalent truck trip would be 35 to 50 miles long.
Freight rail has never used the New York Tunnel Extension under the Hudson Palisades, Hudson River, Manhattan, and East River due to electrified lines and lack of ventilation. Overland travel crosses the Hudson River 140 miles to the north using a right of way known as the Selkirk hurdle. The Cross-Harbor Rail Tunnel is a proposed rail tunnel under the Upper Bay. The western portal would be located at Greenville Yard, while the eastern portal is undetermined and a source of controversy.
In May 2010, the Port Authority announced that it would purchase the Greenville Yard and build a new barge-to-rail facility there, as well as improve the existing railcar float system. The barge-to-rail facility is expected to handle an estimated 60,000 to 90,000 containers of solid waste per year from New York City, eliminating up to 360,000 trash truck trips a year. The authoritys board authorized $118.1 million for the project. The National Docks Secondary rail line is being upgraded in anticipation of expanded volumes.
Where Do The Cruise Ships Dock In New York
. Thereof, where do the cruise ships leave from in New York City?
The Manhattan Cruise Ship Terminal is located on the Hudson River at Pier 88 on New York’s Upper West Side. Cruise lines originating from the New York Cruise include Carnival, Crystal, Cunard, Holland America, Norwegian, and Princess Cruise Lines.
Additionally, how do I get to the Cruise Terminal in Manhattan? Penn Station and Grand Central Station are the closest train stations from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Taxis are readily available from both stations to Manhattan Cruise Terminal. You may also take the subway or bus from these stations.
Considering this, how many cruise ports are in New York?
Related Articles. The Port of New York encompasses three cruise terminals across two boroughs and a section of New Jersey. The primary terminals in Manhattan and Brooklyn served an estimated 840,000 people in 2009 on a wide range of cruise lines and itineraries.
Where is the port for Carnival Cruise Lines in New York?
There are two cruise piers at the Manhattan Port . When only one cruise ship is in port, it will embark or disembark from Pier 90.
Don’t Miss: Last Minute Cruises From Norfolk Va
New Jersey Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal
In October 2014, Royal Caribbean and NYC Port Authority dedicated a Cape Liberty cruise terminal for the RCI’s Quantum of the Seas ship. The new terminal started operations on November 10, 2014.
The new facility is located at Port Terminal Blvd . The USD 55 million building project included port expansion with a new passenger terminal, featuring a total covered area of 125000 ft2 that hosts check-in, customs and immigration, luggage storage and processing area, parking area and also improvements of the existing docking pier. The new terminal building is adjacent to the inaugurated in 2004 terminal.
Cruising From Nyc: What You Need To Know
Cruise lines hoping to restart from NYC will need to enter into an agreement with both New York City and the state of New York that they will comply with all CDC guidelines for cruise ships. City officials also outlined enhanced cleaning protocols for the terminals which include more air filtration, regular sanitization throughout the day and the usual mask-wearing and social distancing for all passengers. All passengers and crew on ships departing from NYC will also need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Pre-pandemic, New York City was one of the most popular cruise ports in the world, seeing well over 1.5 million passengers each year pass through its three terminals.
Have you cruised from New York City? Let us know in the comments!
Read Also: Which Cruise Lines Depart From New York
Are Cruise Ships Sailing In Norway
After 500 days away from the high seas, Norwegian Cruise Lines has officially returned. The Norwegian Jade set sail from Athens this week as the first Norwegian cruise ship with ticketed passengers on board since the start of the pandemic. The sailing was also the first Norwegian cruise to homeport in Athens.
Home Port: New York City
Seven cruise lines currently call New York City their home port: Carnival Cruise Line, Crystal Cruises, Cunard Line, Disney Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Norwegian Cruise Line and Princess Cruises. Cape Liberty is the base of New York City operations for Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises. An additional 14 cruise lines use the Manhattan and Brooklyn terminals as a departure port for certain warm-weather destinations on cruises throughout the milder months of the year.
Recommended Reading: What Cruise Lines Go To Hawaii From California
Ncl Cruise Cabin Upgrades
In February 2017, NCL started a new cruise cabin upgrade program that allows already booked passengers to bid for upgrades to higher-category staterooms.
- The new “Norwegian Upgrade Advantage” program was tested and approved by a group of top travel agencies. The entire system is automated and don’t require travel agent intervention and pays commissions on the enhanced fare.
- NCL’s senior sales VP Camille Olivere commented: “After final payment guests can bid on an upgrade and there’s a little dial that will show them in red, yellow or green the likelihood their bid is going to be accepted. When NCL offers the cabin upgrade to the guest we email the travel agency of record, so they see the guest has been offered the ability to upgrade, and if the bid is accepted we notify the agency. The agency has to do absolutely nothing”.
- Once the passengers’ bids are accepted, they are assigned to an available higher-level stateroom – interior to oceanview, oceanview to balcony, balcony to a suite or to The Haven accommodation. However, they can’t choose the exact stateroom to which they are assigned.
Getting There From The Airport
New York Airport Service provides daily transportation service from JFK and LaGuardia to Port Authority Bus Terminal from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. From JFK, service runs every 15 minutes from LaGuardia service runs every 30 minutes. Approximate travel time is 60 minutes, depending on traffic. Newark Liberty Airport Express Bus provides daily transportation every 15 to 30 minutes from Newark International Airport to Port Authority Bus Terminal. From Port Authority, a short taxi ride to the cruise terminal is required.
Don’t Miss: How To Use Lelo Sona Cruise
Nyc Brooklyn Cruise Terminal
Located across Governors Island, Brooklyn NYC cruise port terminal is in Red Hook. LaGuardia Airport is 12 miles away, Newark International Airport 16 miles away and JFK International Airport is 20 miles away.
Brooklyn New York cruise ship terminal used to be a cargo port. You will get very industrial feel. The terminal building on Pier 12 is a new one. The facilities are vending machines, check-in, restrooms and customs. There is a parking area with 500 spots. Brooklyn New York cruise port terminal can accommodate only one ship. It serves Princess Cruises and Cunard ships.
- Address: “Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, Pier 12, Brooklyn, NY 11231”
- Brooklyn Terminal parking rates : $35 daily.
Ncl Cruise Ship Weddings
Since 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line offers weddings at sea, including same-gender ceremonies. The weddings are performed by the ship’s Captain.
- For now, these offers are only for the company’s newest vessels of the Breakaway- and Breakaway-plus classes.
- Formerly, couples were not allowed to marry at sea, but only ashore . They also had to produce a marriage certificate before participating in an onboard ceremony. By the NCL’s new policy, cruise ship captains can perform the wedding ceremonies on the ship, with a Bahamas-issued marriage license.
- NCL also offers absolutely legal same-gender ceremonies. However, these offers are only available in cruise port destinations where such marriages are recognized by local law. The list of such destinations in the USA includes Hawaii, Boston MA, NYC New York, Los Angeles CA, Seattle WA, Florida , also Vancouver BC .
- NCL’s new package “Wedding at Sea” includes a bridal bouquet, 1 matching boutonniere, 1 wedding cake for 2, champagne toast. The company also provides an experienced wedding coordinator.
- In addition to the “Wedding at Sea” program, Norwegian Cruise Line also offers harborside ceremonies , also destination weddings and vow renewals.
You May Like: Are Msc Cruises Any Good
New York Park Snooze & Cruise Deals
A great number of Cruise Terminal passengers drive to New York City a day before their cruise ships embarkation and stay in a nearby hotel with parking. This way, you can explore the city and do some sightseeing before getting a good nights sleep.
Many New York City hotels provide discounted or free parking to their guests who spend at least a night there. Passengers also often get a free shuttle service to and from the Cruise Terminal. Check out our list below to discover the best Park and Cruise packages at hotels near the port with parking and shuttles.
Need Parking In Ny/nj Area For Norwegian Cruise Vacation
We are going to drive from Toronto ON to New York in Sept for a Cruise with Norwegian and we need to stay 2 nights before the cruise to do some sightseeing but also need to park our vehicle for one week while on the cruise. Any Suggestions for a hotel that will offer Park and Cruise rates? And also maybe offering shuttles into Manhatten if in NJ.
There are no NJ locations that I know of that offer such things unless, of course, your ship departs from the Bayonne cruise terminal in Cape Liberty.
There are safe, attended lots in NJ that have train access into NYC, but you can find the same in NY state which I think would be more convenient for you.
If all else fails, use this web site to price dailiy parking rates in NYC
Go to www.cruisecritic.com. Under East Coast departures you’ll find lots of information. I’m not sure from your post which port your cruise is leaving from, but there will be different alternatives depending on that answer. Bayonne would be the easiest, you just park right at the pier. I’ve no idea what to do with a car if you’re leaving from New York.
Have you priced out flying as opposed to paying all these parking charges?
We are leaving from Manhattan Cruise Terminal 711-12th Ave.
Do go to cruisecritic…you have to find the Message Boards to find the East Coast departures.
Thanks so much for all the help.
I found something called stay123.com that assists with Park and Fly or Cruise and Fly hotels
Recommended Reading: Cruise Parking New York